BY Kristofer Hansen
Dennis-Yarmouth Regional School District
1. Students will learn how to use CAD software to design custom parts for mounting motors and sensors on Arduino Prototypes.
2. Students will learn to use a 3D printer for constructing parts for functional prototypes.
Objectives: Design and Print
1. Students will design and print custom connectors to integrate Arduino circuit boards with the Lego Mindstorms system.
2. Student will create virtual renditions and physical models of chassis, sensor holders, and motor mounts.
3. Students will utilize original components to develop mobile prototypes.
1. Research and assess 3D printers
2. Assemble 3D printer
3. Engage in online learning tutorials (hardware/software)
4. Identify needs and specs
5. Design and print
6. Install parts
How will the project be evaluated (e.g. how will you gauge its success)
1. Innovative design
2. Functional component
3. Working prototype
Benefit to the students and the school
1. Supports STEM initiative
2. Encourages creativity
3. Promotes critical thinking
4. Incorporates hands-on learning
5. Solves real-life scenarios
Timeline of Project (when will you do the project, if applicable)
Timeline: Immediately and ongoing. The sky is the limit! 🙂